A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Realization

I have been blog-surfing and it suddenly dawned on me tat after every arts camp or orientation, where spirits r uplifted, words of emotions, joy and everything else start pouring in... to the extent tat u can feel the mood of the event in the blog itself... me included as I read my old blogposts..

Then I suddenly realised, how issit tat somehow the excitement level about our everyday life is such a far cry from these blogs? It's quite sorrowful sometimes and even when there r joyous events, it does not seem as joyful...

Is it because we take our frenz for granted? Given that they r almost always there during the school term, that no longer do we feel excited about meeting them... chilling over a cup of coffee and such? Me included. I read my blogs of yesteryears pertaining to orientation periods. Filled with excitement but wad about those times I spent chilling with Wan, Sheryl and Fu? The madness of rushing sexuality essays into the nite w/o sleep but yet, squeezing wad joy we could find in those wee hours, feeding mosquitoes along AS1.

How about those times when I spent time with Layz, JJ, Ghandi doing arts club projects, struggling, feeling tired yet it bonded us more... Somehow we dun blog about such events as excitedly... Good things come and they will pass in transcient but entities like close frenz stay forever (almost). Good things like orientation, the cheering, the madness all but serve as fond memories for me to look back to, smile as I think back, laughther when we talk about it but years down the road, it is those frenz who r gonna stay with u and see u thru... yet we r hardly excited about it?

Or issit tat I'm simply being a pessimist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList