A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back to the Library!

I was mugging in the library tdy and gosh, this is the first true blue muggin for this semester...

I've been slacking all these while and as I mugged, I suddenly felt this adrenaline rush in me and this feeling is something I've not felt for a long time, at least not this sem!

Kewl, I began to find the joy in mugging once more and as I went thru my macroeconomics textbook, I actually could read chapters after chapters w/o skipping sections so as to put my understanding of the topic into perceptions...

Gosh! Mugging can be fun too? Wad a revelation!

Mugging aside, here's a story dedicated to Joy, perhaps she heard it somewhere since it's quite a famous story but nonetheless, here goes:

(the 'I' in the story refers to the author not me!)
Years ago, I worked as a volunteer at Stanford Hospital and got to know a little girl called Liza who was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her 5 yr old brother who had developed some kind of resistance to the disease. The doctor explained the situation to the boy and asked him if he is willing to give his blood to his sister. He briefly hesistated a while before taking a deep breath and said "Yes, I'll do it if it will save Liza."

As the transfusion progressed, he lay in a bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the colour returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away?"

Being young, the boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was goin to give her all his blood...

Cheers!
Bobz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList