A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Friday, August 20, 2004

Welcome to the Club!

Tdy's such a tiring dae. Got to SRC like abt 1430 hrs to collect my laptop and goodness I waited for like 1 hour++++ for it.. so much for efficiency frm NUS computer center. ANyhow after tat i went for a game of squash with Qinlong, Jennifer n xin..oh well..pretty good game less one fear tat I'd - the dragon boat trainin tat follws it. And yes.. dragonboat traning.. run abt 2.2km and it seemed tat we ran one slope less this time and for warm up we did not even do jumping jacks. I sensed something fishy... and gosh.. did i not hit the jackpot?! AFter we came back frm the run we did like 140 (or was it 150) counts of eight Jumping JAcks and my rite leg was cramping like nobody's business! :( And to add on to the anguish I went thru, we did like abt 100 push ups followed by gym.. Arghz! So in the words of Tony,one of the senior boaters.. "Welcome to the CLub".. wat a great doorgift this was! And well, as one of the seniors told me during the gym session "Dun give up!We all started like tat too." Did tat encourage me somehow? Oh well... this came to me 'Though ye shal walk thru the valley of the shadow of death but I shall fear no evil!" Evilness... in the form of the torturous trainings? Issit a physical evilness or a mental one. Someone once said this to me and I am subsribe firmly to this belief also that with the same spirit of perservence n endurance, one shld take it with him in ALL aspects of life. Hence, I always believe a good sportsman should therefore be someone who performs well academically as well. This spirit of not giving up should of coz be applied to academic areas. Tenacity they call it. And good news.. aint it great tat finally LiHui 'made up' with me? hahahz... Oh well... she is like coughing away and I got her some actifed cough syrup.. Kinda strong but oh well.. i hope it works.. 8 am lecture..tat's in abt 7 hrs time...betta go in ZzzZzZz land.. Drifting off once more..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList