A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mother n Brother(s) + a Bra-der

Ok.. after all the bad posts, now a little good and nice ones...

Now, Mum's day coming. What is a 'mum'?

A mum is not merely someone who gives birth to the child (tat's juz a factory) but one who brings up the child the best she knows how...

So I din get the MOE thingy, Mum said "Screw it la! and have a break after all the exams!" Then she tried quoting something frm the bible knowing I m christian "U r my beloved son in whom I am well-pleased..." Awwwww..... so sweet...

Then I was toking to my brother. Now, take a moment to tink: What is a brother?

A brother is not someone who is tied to u by blood ties but someone who is there for u, someone who is dependable. Someone like Jesus Christ, someone like Goh Chee Yew, someone like... D even though it is love-hate, someone like LH even though she can be quite sarcastic, someone like Joy (oops, she's a BRA-der), someone like Sheng... someone like Jonny or Xin, n someone like J (though I hardly know him but during this period of time he's been more than a 'brother' but also a landlord and antagonizer)...

ANyway I was tokin to my natural brother (now... DO NOT ask him what 'natural' here means... I will strangle he/she who asks...

So my brother was like saying "...Kor, u know something, I may bring granny or mummy out for great sumptious meals, bringing them to the classiest places to eat but it is nothing compared to you bringing them out even to the nearest kopitiam for makan. That will make them so happy..."

Tat stunned me a little... It might be true for my granny coz she really loved me a lot (she passed on couple yrs back n I do miss her) and I remember, I merely spent like $20+ to buy her some bottled bird's nest and she was like so excited abt it...

What surprised me was tat all along I tot my mum loves my brother more since my brother spends so much time with her n stuff (not tat I minded - not a jealous sort). Then I realized how little time I actually spent with her, so much so tat with the little acts I do for/with her seems to be magnified... I betta repent...

ANyway, Mum's great!

As said in Desperate Housewives by one of the neighbours (can't remember her name) "No one in this world is going to love u more than your mother"

"Screw it la! Have a good rest and I m not bothered by these little failures.. so juz screw it and have fun for the hols la..." - MUM (translated frm chinese lang.)


BobSy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList