A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Family of Love

Last Saturday, my mum had a fainting spell over at my cousin's place...

Juz a couple of hours ago, we were at my uncle's place celebrating little Bryan's 3rd birthday...

I was not born with a silver spoon, not my immediate family nor my extended family at my time of birth.. My uncles were still schooling and my parents are blue-collar workers...

But I had something better - tons of love and it did not juz stop with my parents, it stretched past them... to my grandparents, uncles, and even aunties-in-law..

And this was manifested once more when my mum fell ill last wkend... careful hands took care of her... 3rd aunt (in-law) spent almost the whole evening by her sister-in-law (my mum)... when my mum came around, 2nd uncle took her to see the doc together with 2 others and myself..

The bill came up to be a hefty $100+, I din have the money... and b4 I cld even say anything, my 2nd uncle paid for it.. took the receipt.. Grumple? Unwillingness? Not an inch... Concern?.. full of it..

The very reason I can be receiving education in NUS is not a matter of A level results... but a matter of the love my extended family has for me... the very fact that they r the ones paying off my tuition fees, giving me allowances for books speak it all...

Always bringing my brother or me on holiday trips with them to the States, Australia.. u name it.. we've been there... paying every single cent..

Cool ehz? But the flip side is... basically there's no family secret.. no matter how embarassing.. so if I were to fail the exams, the whole world knows... if I wld have a shot gun, tat's it!

Talking abt tat.. was having coffee with Di, Chong n Fen yesterday and it reminded me of a conversation that went on between my mum, uncles and aunties... haha...

"Oh ya... women juz breast feed.."

"Why?"

"B'coz if u dun, the milk in yr breast will 'chao sung' (turn bad in hokkien)... Now u know why how women get breast cancer?"

It had an effect on the rest of us... hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList