A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Thoughts...

2004 has come and gone quickly and as usual, it is tat time of the year to take stock of happenings of the year.

1 Thessalonians 5:11-15 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing. 12 Now we ask you, brothers, to give recognition to those who labor among you and lead you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. 14 And we exhort you, brothers: warn those who are lazy, comfort the discouraged, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 See to it that no one repays evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good for one another and for all. 16 Rejoice always! 17 Pray constantly. 18 Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Don't stifle the Spirit. 20 Don't despise prophecies, 21 but test all things. Hold on to what is good. 22 Stay away from every form of evil. (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

These were the verses I embraced for the year 2004 as I left 2003. 'Thanks' - a beautiful word. I realised however tat many of my frens, or even myself sometimes find it hard to say it sincerely (not the casual thanks) or worse even to receive it graciously.

Give thanks always, the bible says it all so clearly. Here, once again I give thanks to my cell group members who have never stopped ecouraging me. I could not for one moment tink of anything they said to put me down but words of affirmation and encouragement was wad they gave. Great faith they have in God manifested thru the way the faith they have in each other.

Funis, one of the best things tat happened to me in my undergrad life in NUS. JOY, XIN, GENTS, ANT, DING, HIL, CALEB, YU, LONG, MEL - the every pple I got to know when I was still raw. Though of coz I will naturally be closer to some, I cannot thank them enuff for the frenship and companionship and wise advice they rendered frm time to time. Joy for her everthere presence, help and frenship! Xin for her companionship! Gents one of the sweetest person I know, Ant who's standing with me in the Lord, Long for his academic help, Hil for being encouragin when I'd the LAJ dilema, Cab n Yu for yr frenship and Mel, woahz a great leader at orientation! I juz cant thank u guys enuff! Then there was the import Jonny who came in n though there were times of tensions but I tink frenship dealt with tat! Ding a great companion (saw me off at the airport) with those little things he does!

BF, Ivan - had our gd collections of conflicts but nonetheless always been there...suppering, gaming, makaning and my complainings! Dentoids, my good old sec sch fren, my fashion guru (haha) and Fa Lum who is always more than willing to help in ways he could (now he's in Finland on xchange).

Ah Li, who w/o complains aided me with my philo essays, giving sound advices and going mad all the time! Friction? yea a bit? Frenship? Awesome! ZhengYi, fren of Ah Li, sumone whom I know not in person often giving u-know-wad kinda advice!

2004 has been juz GREAT with u guys! I love this darling : Teo Hwee Hwee, a great beauty in her 40s? Yea my mum! Always destressting or distressing me with her rubbish talks, my dad (financial source) and my Chee Yew my bro with his awesome cooking! Dr. Teo Kiat Choon (hahaha...he's lect. at Eng fac), my 2nd uncle who simply dotes on me tons! Sometimes I feel as though he treats me like a son! And he loves me so much tat he pays for my tuition fees! All my aunties though not related to me by blood nvr fails to assist me in my education n giving me sound advices! Most of all, to my beloved granny, Ong Geok Sim, who has passed on abt 2 yrs ago. The one who is closet to me! YEa, even closer than my mum is! Her life experiences, her tender yet firm love. Her unyielding spirit! Her willingness to sacrifice for the family! Her faith in me! When I was a dumb boi (academically) when I was little, she nvr once said my results are poor nor I am dumb. When I did badly, she encouraged me! When I did well, she gets all excited tat she ran ard telling the world. Whenever I get her a gift like silk cloth for her to tailor make her clothes, I could see that glow of pleasure and happiness though she always said "Don;t waste money next time". She was my granny, my tutor, my guiding light, my hope, my help, my sister, my accountant, my counsellor and above all my FREN! Now tat I am in NUS and with abv avg grades for my first sem, here's thanks to u a-ma!

2004: Regrets? DO I have any? Not really, I fulfiled wadever I set out to do... made great frens!

2005: What is to come? Here I remember a hymn I used to sing when I was a kid: (may got the lyrics mixed up a bit)

I donno abt tomolo
I just live frm day to day
I dun worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said
Everyday I'll walk beside him
For he knows what is ahead

Zechariah 4:1-10 1 The angel who was speaking with me then returned and roused me as one awakened out of sleep. 2 He asked me, "What do you see?" I replied, "I see a solid gold lampstand there with a bowl on its top. It has seven lamps on it and seven channels for each of the lamps on its top. 3 There are also two olive trees beside it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left."4 Then I asked the angel who was speaking with me, "What are these, my lord?"5 "Don't you know what they are?" replied the angel who was speaking with me. I said, "No, my lord." 6 So he answered me, "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: 'Not by strength or by might, but by My Spirit, ' says the Lord of Hosts. 7 'What are you, great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain. And he will bring out the capstone accompanied by shouts of: Grace, grace to it!' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList