A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Seniors

Hock always coin me as being a 'deconstructionist' .. Am I truly liddat?

This morning, I was in the computer room and quite a number of girls and Hock were talking and I was listening while checking my mails.. The conversation reminded me of a lot of things and got me thinking and thinking...

I realised that I dun look up to seniors somehow. I give them the due respect as seniors and their contributions and efforts but tat's abt it. This aint exactly something good or u know.. glorious. With all due respect, I know there r ppl who do look up to seniors and maybe I do, juz much lesser?

When I hear Hock tok about the glorious days of certain pple, I always wonder in my mind.. How great r the pple really are? Are they really tat fantastic or has the reputation been built via word of mouth and it juz get built up more and more? And if they do what they did in today's situation, will they be deemed to be as good? Are their actions relevant today? I m not discrediting anyone but I tink I need to be convinced by virtue of experience and not knowledge. Likewise, I dun expect my juniors to see me up. Maybe, it's juz a pragmatic side of me.

I am traditional yet I am not. I belive in certain traditional ways of how things shld be or not be but yet I dun like to base things on traditions unless they r good. What's good we keep. What's bad we discard. What's neutral, we try to make it good. To quote the 26th DOS: There must be a better way of doing things.

Oh well, back to readings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList