A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Last Blog

Guys, I know u ppl r going to miss my blog rite.. all the witty posts.. but ya, this is going to be my last time blogging here...


And I shall share extracts frm the book I m reading a last time...


There is some kind of dispute going on between the sea and the sand... Why the 2 adversaries fell out in the first place I do not know. But as I watch the battle, I got the impression that the fray had been going on for quite sometime...


It's hard to see who originally held the territory in question, but the conflict played out in the following manner. First, the sand clamied the space by just occupying it. Then the sea stake its claim by rushing in and covering the sand. Then the sand reasserted itself and pushed the sea back. Then the whole sequence repeats...


Sand and sea are like two duelists locked in a never ending fight and neither will win. They would fight but they would not try too hard.


Then I realise, sometimes in life, u can agree or disagree and to do so is neither defeat nor victory, it's juz being pragmatic. And pragmatism was invented so that we could get on with the things we really want to do. [modified]


Interesting eh? If u guys r interested, u can go get the book... simple yet deep...


And oh was listening to some hymns juz now... and I heard 2 of my favourites...


The First Hymn

"And when I tink, that God His Son not Sparing,
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled, he died, to take away my sin


Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee
How great Thou Art, How great Thou Art
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee
How great Thou Art, How great Thou Art "


The Second Hymn


What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit
O what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!


Have we trails and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged:
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness:
Take it to the Lord in prayer.


Are we weak and heavy-laden
Cumbered with a load of care?
Jesus only is our refuge
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer
In his arms He'll take and shield thee!
Thou wilt find a solace there.


Ok! Off I go! and THANKS A LOT JOY!!!


BobSy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList