A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Realisation

Tried to fall asleep but I cant... images of 2 person kept coming to me...

I juz have to wake up n blog... i tink i m a blog whore...

B4 Joy or anyone else starts questioning who I m in love with... I m in love with NO ONE! (as usual --> the Amoeba remember?)

K... so rite at the beginning, there was a purpose... I din like to see wad I saw... So I wanted to do sth (okok, juz being kaypo)...

I tried and to a large extent I have succeeded...

And I realised no matter how things progress, it cannot go beyond... I tink it's me la.. I m not exactly an easy person to have fun with I tink... Ivan can testify to tat?

But nonetheless, it is still good to see happy happenings...

And oh as promised, I am supposed to share something frm the book I m reading. This one is gonna be a bit long but I tink it is quite interesting and to some extent... deep. Here goes:

U know... one of the many toys a baby or toddler plays with is the shape sorting toy. It is one of those where u have many objects of various shapes n sizes and u muz try to fit the correct shape into the correct hole... Ok.. now u got the background, here goes [modified a little]:

Sorting shapes. What's it all about? It has got no practical use... The basic principle seems straightforward enough. On one hand, you have shapes and on the other, you have holes. So basically, fit the shapes into the right holes. Sometimes the shapes want to go thru the holes and sometimes they don't. Or maybe it's the holes that do not want the shapes to go through. Maybe, the holes like the latest club operate some kind of arbitrary door policy.

Being an egalitarian individual, I believe that such a policy is divisive. Who give the holes the right to decide who should or shouln't be let in? That's why I spent a long time trying to get any shape to fit thru any hole. My efforts were in vain... My parents looked on in disappointment at my attempts to create a fairer world by pushing what was, in their outmoded, conservative view, the wrong shape through the wrong hole.

Then, I finally gained insight into what sorting shapes is all about. It is about fitting in. Knowing your place. It was a parental attempt to impress upon me that unless I discovered where I belong and fitted in, then my life ahead would be one filled with frustrations and failures. It is not abt sorting shapes but maintaining status quo. That's why parents attach such importance to it.

Interesting eh? Think abt it.

BobSy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList