A Life of Dreams

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." - Psalm 4:8 (Amplified)

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Stats!

Finally, I am able to catch up with my Micro lectures and apprehend a bit!

Anyway, since I was like younger, I'd always been intrigued by questions on probability...and while waiting for my frens to arrive earlier, I was reminded of a plight my fren was in sometime back and so I tot of this question...

Supposed that there is a Hep B blood test available somewhere (Ok! It is available...) and this is a 90% accuracy test (i.e. if someone is Hep B +ve, then 90% of time he gets tested will reflect a +ve result). Now assuming that 10% of the population tested is Hep B +ve. Selecting somone at random for the test and the results show that he is Hep B +ve, can you then say that he is indeed a Hep B carrier? What are the chances of him having Hep B?

So interesting... give it a try man...


The Luv Guru

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyPlayList